Mont Rochelle Nature Reserve is part of the UNESCO declared Cape Winelands Biosphere Reserve. Situated in the Franschhoek Mountains of the Western Cape, South Africa, the reserve offers spectacular views of the Franschhoek Valley, diverse plant life and well-maintained hiking trails. Not to be missed by photographers, hikers and nature lovers. During the winter months there is often snow on the high peaks of the mountains and Mont Rochelle offers a fantastic opportunity to get close for wonderful photographs.
After the photographic excursions Steve will facilitate an assessment session critiquing the day’s work providing feedback on the photographs taken. We will end the day with some refreshments while saying goodbye.
- DSLR or Compact Bridge Camera with aperture, shutter speed & manual settings
- Lenses – A Macro lens is recomended but not essential.
- Sturdy Tripod – recomended but not essential
- Filters – recomended but not essential 1) Neutral density (variable or at least 4 stops) 2) Circular Polarizer 3) Neutral density Grad
- Your camera manual
- 2 litre water bottle
- Sun hat and sunscreen
- A good pair of hiking shoes
- Snacks and lunch